The Centre for Political Research was founded in 1989 with resolution of the Senate of Panteion University (19-4-1989) under the name “Hellenic Centre for Political Research”. On February 2006, it was renamed into “Centre for Political Research”. Since August 2015 the Centre for Political Research has been established as a 'Laboratory' of Political Sociology and Comparative Political Analysis.
The Centre for Political Research, in order to achieve its educational and scientific aims, is engaged in activities which include:
- Publishing of scientific papers, books and/or journals.
- Conducting research programmes.
- Organizing conferences, meetings, lectures, workshops and seminars.
- Creation of a library and an Archive of Primary Material (Data) – conventional and electronic.
- Providing consulting services, with the precondition that they abide by the rules of academic and research ethics.